Hey divas! It’s mid-week and it’s Wild’n Out Wednesday! Today, we are going to talk about the pairing of colors that may not seem to pair well. Today’s bold look features a couple of bright colors, orange and royal blue. Do these pair well? Let’s check it out! Below is an image of a color wheel courtesy of Google Images. Let’s discuss how to match colors. See tips below on how to match colors based on the color wheel.
1. Colors directly across from each other (blue and orange, green and red, etc.)
2. Colors that form right (90 degree) angles with each other (red-violet and orange, blue and yellow, etc.)
3. Colors that form an X (red, green, blue-violet, and yellow-orange; blue, orange, red-violet, and yellow-green, etc.)
4. Colors that form a T (Blue-violet, yellow-orange, and green; blue, orange, and yellow-green, etc.)
5. Colors directly next to each other (blue-green and green, blue and blue violent, etc.)
Seems easy enough, right? Check out how I used tip #1 above and came up with the look below.
Outfit details: White Tank- H&M, Orange shorts- Old Navy (here only XXL left, similar here in more sizes), Royal Blue Sandals- Anne Michelle “Rapture” (sold out of blue, but get black here, similar here or here) via ZooShoo, Royal Blue bag- JustFab “Revolution“ (sold out but similar here)
The article here was very helpful in researching this topic. Check it out for additional reference! What do you divas think of this unlikely pairing? Pairs well or no? Let me know in the comments below! Let us see some of your color combinations on social media by tagging GLAMStyleDOW on your pics. Don’t forget to subscribe and check out some GLAMfit and GLAMdecor posts before you go!
As always, stay GLAM!