Hi Divas! Now that the seasons have officially changed and Fall is here, it is time to do some Fall cleaning. You know, out with the old, in with the new! It’s time to transition closets, clean gutters and bring out the rakes.
Below are my top five tips for Fall cleaning.
- Start from the top and work your way down. This applies not only to multi-level homes, but also to the rooms themselves. Start at the top and work your way down in your home so you aren’t back tracking.
- Purge as you clean. Rid yourself of clutter, broken items, toys, and unneeded clothing while you are cleaning. If you take a bag for donations and one for trash from room to room you will make this process even easier to accomplish.
- Clean your chimney or fireplace before winter. This will save you both time and money later on, so it is a must in your fall cleaning tips that save time. Call a chimney sweep and have your fireplace checked out ahead of time. Having it cleaned can keep you and your family safe, and keep you from going without heat when needed later in the year.
- Have a raking party. Put on your coats and hats, grab some hot chocolate, and have a raking party with the family. Kids will enjoy helping and it is an easy and fast way to get the job done quickly.
- Clean and store yard furniture. Use vinegar and water or a Magic Eraser to clean yard furniture. Store it in a garage or shed so it stays safe during the winter months. This also makes less work for you in the spring, and can help your furniture last longer.
So there you have it! My top five tips for Fall cleaning! What are your go to’s for Fall cleaning? Drop a comment below to share! And before you go, don’t forget about the other Divas!
Until next time, STAY GLAM!!