Happy Tuesday Divas! Today for Tasty Tuesday I want to give you all some steps to building a delicious salad. Sometimes eating healthy can get boring and if you’re like me, eating salads all the time can be blah. Well, just like your workout you need to switch it up sometimes. Below are 5 steps to create a better salad.
- GREENS – Of course you have to start here with your base. You have quite a few options for your leafy green vegetables: kale, spinach, lettuce, romaine, arugula and radicchio are a few of them.
- PROTEIN – If you like meat in your salad, remember to choose the good protein. Lean protein like grilled chicken, tuna, salmon, shrimp and turkey are good options. You want to add about 3-5 ounces to your salad. Boiled eggs and cheese are also good sources of protein for your salad.
- VEGGIES – Boost your fiber and nutrition by adding veggies like grape tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and bell peppers.
- DRESSING – Ranch is not the answer ladies lol. I remember when I swore by it though. Ranch on everything! But this a healthy salad so different types of vinaigrette are good, Italian is good and the best dressing and easy to make dressing is olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. I’ve even made my own dressing before and it was delish! Some people even use avocado as there dressing, and you can’t go wrong with avocado in your salad. Go for about 2-4 tablespoons of dressing. No need to drown the salad.
- EXTRAS – To really make the salad your own, you can add a lot of different ingredients. If you want some crunch, trying adding a tablespoon of almonds, walnuts, or seeds. These can take the place of croutons, which are on the not so healthy side. Or you can add a little pizzazz to your salad by adding fresh herbs like cilantro, mint, or basil. If you like sweet, you can use fresh fruit like apples, pears, berries, or citrus.
See there are many ways you can transform your salad and it’s like you’re eating a totally different meal. Don’t limit your salad to the same boring thing. Switch it up and take your salad from ordinary to extraordinary (and delicious).
I hope you all have an awesome day and don’t forget to get GLAMfit!