Hi Divas! It’s Tuesday and today we’ll be discussing décor don’ts! Now while I agree that décor is all about personal style and preference, however, just like fashion, there are plenty of no, nos. So read forward to see if your décor taste is on the do’s or don’ts list.
- DON’T shortchange your curtains, even if they’ll be behind a sofa or drawn most of the time. Always double up on them and make sure they dust the floor a little.
- When it comes to area rugs, DON’T compromise color and patterns. Area rugs are great accent pieces and can add the finishing touch to just about any room.
- DON’T rely on natural or overhead lighting alone. Use a table or floor lamp to add another layer of light.
- Always keep in mind the color, shape, texture, size and embellishments when it comes to throw pillows. Make sure that each pillow compliments the other in some sort of way. DON’T just use random pillows.
- DON’T ever, ever, leave your walls bare. Artwork isn’t expensive, if you can’t afford high end art, just create your own.
Of course this isn’t an all inclusive list, just a few things that I think will make a big difference when it comes to decorating your home. If you have anything to add, just leave a comment below!
Until next time, STAY GLAM!