Hey diva hey!!
In Monday’s post, I talked about letting your creative juices flow. In today’s post, I want to talk about transforming those thoughts into reality. How can creative thinking really yield great outfits?
1. When you look at the magazines to get “inspiration”, you’re simply replicating that look. You see something really cute? Pair those same or similar pieces together to create your own version. Same thing with watching tv and seeing cute outfits. Re-create it using the stuff you already have.
2. When you get inspiration from color schemes, don’t be afraid to mix and match colors and patterns. You can always refer back to the color wheel (see that post on how here) to help you.
3. Don’t be afraid to play with textures. Texture adds dimension to a look. I often times get fashion inspiration with texture from home decor pictures. Sometimes, they go hand in hand. I love a good fur vest or sequined skirt.
4. Sketch it out. If you got inspiration from something, sketch it out or find similar articles of clothing and piece them together to see what the vision looks like in real life.
5. Play dress up. When you’re home alone, play in your closet. Don’t be afraid to try mixing and matching things up. You never know what you can come up with. I do this often! And trust me, not all ideas work out. But, I try things that I normally wouldn’t and create really cute outfits from it. No one can see you to judge anyway!
I hope these tips help divas! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them down in the comments below. Don’t forget to check out some GLAMFit and GLAMDecor posts before you go.
As always, STAY GLAM!