Hi Divas! Today’s post is all about bringing boring décor to life. A lot of times we think that it takes a lot of experience to decorate a home, it doesn’t. Honestly, the trick to successfully updating your home is simply thinking outside the box. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing five ways to end boring décor forever.
- Paint lampshades. This can work one of two ways. You can either polish the outside of the lamp shade to match your color scheme. Of for an unexpected pop of color, paint the inside of a basic white shade, just be sure to use a light and vibrant color so that it doesn’t effect the brightness of the light.
- Update the kitchen. If your kitchen is starting to bore you, give your cabinets a fresh coat of paint and while you’re there, add new hardware to your cabinets.
- Give your sofa a facelift. To give your sofa a new feel, consider changing up your throw pillows or use a slipcover. See how throw pillows changed the look of my sofa here.
- Change your shower curtain. You’d be amazed at how different your bathroom will look after simply changing the shower curtain. Think totally out of the box here. Consider using window treatments as shower curtains, just don’t forget the liner.
- Rearrange your furniture. Find the hidden gems in any room by rearranging the furniture. Maybe the light isn’t hitting the mirror just right, or the sun prevents you from sitting in your favorite chair, change all of that by switching things up a bit. Try this hack in your bedroom and other rooms in your homes as well.
We might not all be expert designers, but it really doesn’t take much to make improvements to your home décor. Just remember to think out of the box and always go with your gut. After all, it is your home, so what you want with it.
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. And as always….